Delkin CFexpress Type B & SD UHS-II card reader very warm to touch!!!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have purchased a Delkin CFexpress Type B & SD UHS-II card reader. The first time I used it, I left my cfexpress card inserted for about and hour. I picked up the
Delkin reader to take out my card and I was surprised that the devise was very warm to the touch. Has anyone else experienced this? None of my previous card
readers have ever heated up. What are your thoughts? Should I be concerned? Thanks for your thoughts and comments!!!

Yep, mine gets very warm when used with my notebook, not so much with my PC. It's a terrific reader, use and ignore the heat.
Edit to add, I have two of them and switched to computers with same results

I have the CFe version.
If I leave a card in it after downloading it gets quite warm
Whether this does any harm or not I do not know.
I now detach the reader from the computer once downloading has finished

I have purchased a Delkin CFexpress Type B & SD UHS-II card reader. The first time I used it, I left my cfexpress card inserted for about and hour. I picked up the
Delkin reader to take out my card and I was surprised that the devise was very warm to the touch. Has anyone else experienced this? None of my previous card
readers have ever heated up. What are your thoughts? Should I be concerned? Thanks for your thoughts and comments!!!
My Delkin CFexpress card reader also gets very hot, just attached to my MacBook Pro, even when done downloading. So bought a BlackJet CFexpress B/XQD card reader (based on a recommendation on one of the photo sites). This is much more expensive and bigger. But it does not heat up when left plugged in, reading the exact same cards (the Delkin Black). So for work at home I used this but use the much smaller Delkin card reader when traveling and unplug it as soon as I finish downloading.

My Delkin CFexpress card reader also gets very hot, just attached to my MacBook Pro, even when done downloading. So bought a BlackJet CFexpress B/XQD card reader (based on a recommendation on one of the photo sites). This is much more expensive and bigger. But it does not heat up when left plugged in, reading the exact same cards (the Delkin Black). So for work at home I used this but use the much smaller Delkin card reader when traveling and unplug it as soon as I finish downloading.
The Delkin DDREADERXX, does not perform to the specs you expect (speeds) when used with an Apple product. It is limited to 50%- of the claimed performance. (Discussed in another thread). I would return the reader, no matter how long you've had it, since the performance claims for Mac Compatibility are incorrect. (Not the fault of the retailer--Delkin!) The ProGrade CFB reader is small and should fit your traveling needs for CFB and SD.

Back