Denoise Problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

As one who has never learned to love Lightroom I am likely the source of my problem. When I use Denoise the resulting DNG is monochromatic, about two stops darker than the original, and not denoised at all. Any advice would be appreciated.

Check out the profile there will be a drop down menu. Might you have inadvertently clicked the black and white? Otherwise can you tell more about it, what camera, what kind of image, what steps you took?

Last edited:
I just ran another test with same result. actually the defects show up in the Enhance preview. Profile is Adobe color. Nikon D810 camera. Portrait of a doe and her fawn underexposed with an effective ISO of about 12000. They had been chasing each other like a pair of puppies when they froze for an instant. I got one capture with both in focus. I am hoping to improve on my manual denoise efforts.

Oh, and the same thing happens in ACR" denoise.

Attachments

• _81D6941-Enhanced-NR-3-Edit.jpg
    _81D6941-Enhanced-NR-3-Edit.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
Interesting. What happens when you raise the exposure slider?

I have never experienced this - but saw on the help forum:

Looks like the help linked above says you should update your graphics card driver. It's a new one for me.

Back