Did any one receive the free Nikon "Getting the most out of your Z 8" video

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I dunno....... A few years ago, Nikon sent me a "gift". I couldn't see what was so special about it.................

i-nmQGx78-L.jpg
And I thought you had a big head :ROFLMAO:

The camera should arrive with a yellowish card with a QR code to nikonusa website. Create an account by registering your cameras serial number. They should e-mail an access code within a hour or so for the 30 minute Z8 user video. My code did not work initially by stating that the code had already been used. I logged in the next day early in the morning and was able to get access. The video goes through the buttons and gives general usage information and tips; Yet, you can find similar videos on YouTube if you can’t get the Nikon video. May be good for beginners or a refresh to Nikon shooters that have not shot much.

Video is saved in your online.nikonschool.com page if you have an account. Saved through 2028. A bit puzzling why the video is not posted on the Nikon sites for general public viewing. Perhaps it has limited bandwidth usage and only runs when available? Don’t lose sleep if you can’t get access. Also the card says that the video is only available if the camera was purchased from a US Nikon Retailer. 🤷‍♂️ 🤪

Is there anything worth while in this video that isn't found in other sources? Is it simply just like a video manual going over the camera functions? I just received my Z8 20 minutes ago, waiting for the battery to charge before I start setting it up.

Is there anything worth while in this video that isn't found in other sources? Is it simply just like a video manual going over the camera functions? I just received my Z8 20 minutes ago, waiting for the battery to charge before I start setting it up.
I'm only half way through it, and I would say this is a good place to begin before watching Steve's video, I'm still working on that also. Nothing here that Steve didn't cover (After watching further I take this back, Steve skipped stuff that he doesn't use for wildlife photography, this is more complete) but there's so much to this camera, at least for me, that I'll need to go over everything multiple times to have as much as possible sink in for practical use.

Last edited:
I registered my Z8 online. They never sent the PERSONAL ACCESS CODE for the vid. I tried a 2d time. Still no code. I wrote customer service. They responded: "Congratulations, we have changed your PASSWORD." WTF I wrote them back explaining I did not need my PW changed I need the PERSONAL ACCESS CODE. They responded "Thank you for contacting us and we are glad that we solved your problem." No code but a lovely thank you. For those that have seen it, is it an auto download or do they actually send something?

I registered my Z8 online. They never sent the PERSONAL ACCESS CODE for the vid. I tried a 2d time. Still no code. I wrote customer service. They responded: "Congratulations, we have changed your PASSWORD." WTF I wrote them back explaining I did not need my PW changed I need the PERSONAL ACCESS CODE. They responded "Thank you for contacting us and we are glad that we solved your problem." No code but a lovely thank you. For those that have seen it, is it an auto download or do they actually send something?
It took me a few tries, I finally got the video directly added to my Nikon school library instead of a code to use as a coupon. It's a very basic overview, you'll get more out of watching YouTube videos.

Back