Different Combinations

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
These shots were taken with my Z6 with the FTZ adapter and the 40mm Micro f/2.8 DX lens just to try it out. Stacked in Helicon Focus with LrC for final processing.
The first shot is at 1/500sec, f/3.2, ISO 640; Stacking (A, Radius 8, Smoothing 4)
The second shot is at 1/500sec, f/3.5, ISO 1000, Stacking B, Radius 8, Smoothing 4).

DXStack.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DXStack-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

These shots were taken with my Z6 with the FTZ adapter and the 40mm Micro f/2.8 DX lens just to try it out. Stacked in Helicon Focus with LrC for final processing.
The first shot is at 1/500sec, f/3.2, ISO 640; Stacking (A, Radius 8, Smoothing 4)
The second shot is at 1/500sec, f/3.5, ISO 1000, Stacking B, Radius 8, Smoothing 4).

Beautiful, I was just playing around this morning with the same lens 40mm f2.8 taking flower picture. I have not downloaded yet to see how they look and have not tried stacking. That is something I would need to read up on to see the process. Love the pictures, give me something to Shot for..pun intended :)

Beautiful, I was just playing around this morning with the same lens 40mm f2.8 taking flower picture. I have not downloaded yet to see how they look and have not tried stacking. That is something I would need to read up on to see the process. Love the pictures, give me something to Shot for..pun intended :)
Thank you. If you are an Adobe user, you can do stacks in Photoshop. I did that in the beginning. Then I purchased Helicaon Focus or recommendation of my daughter who was, at the time, a pro jewelry photographer. Steve also has a course on focus stacking available in the store on this site. I found it very helpful!

Thank you. If you are an Adobe user, you can do stacks in Photoshop. I did that in the beginning. Then I purchased Helicaon Focus or recommendation of my daughter who was, at the time, a pro jewelry photographer. Steve also has a course on focus stacking available in the store on this site. I found it very helpful!
Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.

Reactions: JAS
Thank you. I took the basics from Steve’s course and things from a 2015 class with Vincent Versace. Two people who are quite good at their craft and can teach.
A good teach really helps but it takes a talented student to master the craft

Reactions: JAS
Back