Does anyone know why my Z8 "Viewfinder Brightness" menu is greyed out?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I turned in the camera to the service center for the "advisory" repairs. When it came back, my settings were all over the place( as was to be expected, I guess). I popped in my card with the saved settings and loaded it. That's when I realised that not all settings are covered by the "save/load" feature.
The viewfinder brighness menu item is greyed out. The rear LCD is firmly in place, that is - not pulled out, and my "limit monitor mode" is selected as shown in the picture.
IMG_5564.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
IMG_5565.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hi all . This may be a dumb question, but how can I change the brightness while looking through the EVF?
As you have read above the viewfinder brightness setting becomes active (as in, not greyed-out) only when you bring your eye to the viewfinder.
When you do, there are two options you can choose from : Auto & Manual. I have mine set to Auto. Has worked well since I set it in August last year.

Back