Domke Photo Vest run large?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jadiehl

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I just received a Domke photo vest size medium. I normally wear medium to large clothes this medium is WAY large with a t-shirt. I am 5’8” weighing 175 lbs and this thing fits like an XL. Do they normally run that large? Steve, what size do you wear?

Do you think a small would be a better choice?
I suspect the answer would depend on what you want to wear under and/or over the vest. If you want this vest on the outside of a jacket or other thicker layer, you may want some extra room. If you think that you will only be wearing the vest and a t-shirt, and you are comfortable with a tighter fit, then you may like the small. But before you do switch, I would load up the vest and see how it all carries and fits. You might find that some of the extra room get used up by the gear.

Good luck,

--Ken

I also ordered the medium first, found it a bit larger than anticipated (usually wear M or L too), and then tried out small. Medium fits loose in general but well over warmer/outer layers ... small fits well on a base layer.

Pocket sizes vary by size. Medium outer pockets swallow my binocs (8.5x42) completely whereas not with small. I could almost shove an OM-1+100-400 in the medium pockets (though don't intend to ever carry it there)

I am keeping both.

I have small for summer, a medium for winter.

Oliver
Thanks, Oliver.
I suspect the answer would depend on what you want to wear under and/or over the vest. If you want this vest on the outside of a jacket or other thicker layer, you may want some extra room. If you think that you will only be wearing the vest and a t-shirt, and you are comfortable with a tighter fit, then you may like the small. But before you do switch, I would load up the vest and see how it all carries and fits. You might find that some of the extra room get used up by the gear.

Good luck,

--Ken
Thanks, Ken.
I also ordered the medium first, found it a bit larger than anticipated (usually wear M or L too), and then tried out small. Medium fits loose in general but well over warmer/outer layers ... small fits well on a base layer.

Pocket sizes vary by size. Medium outer pockets swallow my binocs (8.5x42) completely whereas not with small. I could almost shove an OM-1+100-400 in the medium pockets (though don't intend to ever carry it there)

I am keeping both.
Thanks, Rohan

Back