Dung Beetle on the roll

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
In a hurry to get the nursery cum larder into its appropriate hidey-hole.
Kruger NP

01787W D800 0785.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

K

Love this shot! I saw them, but couldn't photograph them. Interesting critters!
Thanks Karen. They come is all strange shapes ans sizes. Wish I could re-visit my childhood with today's equipment, we had such wonderful critters that we just stumbled upon, not knowing its names or what species it belonged to.

Nice shot. I've been fascinated by these animals since I first learned of them at a very early age -- must have been shown on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom when I watched it in the '60s! (And to my amazement I just googled that program and it's still on!).

Nice shot. I've been fascinated by these animals since I first learned of them at a very early age -- must have been shown on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom when I watched it in the '60s! (And to my amazement I just googled that program and it's still on!).
Thanks Steven! TV hit SA only in the early '70's, and by that time we were already over our ears with kids and work. So, I missed out on the videos but saw a lot of actual nature.

Thanks Steven! TV hit SA only in the early '70's, and by that time we were already over our ears with kids and work. So, I missed out on the videos but saw a lot of actual nature.
Nice point there. We luckily were allowed to watch virtually no tv as a kid. No dung beetles out back of our house, but lots of turtles, frogs, and blackbirds :)

Back