If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RockvilleBob

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Here are some additional images, sitters and flight, of my recent Eagle Buddy encounter. He stayed close to me as I paddled my kayak on Miller Creek. There were many shots where the zoom lens was set too long to get great framing, I am just not fast enough to adjust the zoom with a flying eagle just a short distance away.

eagle-sit-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

eagle-sit-2-a.jpg

eagle-sit-3.jpg

eagle-1.jpg

eagle-2.jpg

eagle-3.jpg

eagle-4.jpg

great series. Curious about shooting from a kayak. The few times I have tried to a kayak, I found them to be rather unstable. Do you have a wide (fishing) one?

great series. Curious about shooting from a kayak. The few times I have tried to a kayak, I found them to be rather unstable. Do you have a wide (fishing) one?
Thanks Rich. My kayak is a regular sit in cockpit kayak, It is a Wilderness Pungo 140. I prefer the longer 14 foot kayak. This model is no longer made but similar ones are abundant from many companies. Steady yourself, do not lean, use high shutter speed - in my case 1/3200 is the going in shutter speed.

Here are some additional images, sitters and flight, of my recent Eagle Buddy encounter. He stayed close to me as I paddled my kayak on Miller Creek. There were many shots where the zoom lens was set too long to get great framing, I am just not fast enough to adjust the zoom with a flying eagle just a short distance away.

View attachment 46297

View attachment 46298

View attachment 46299

View attachment 46300

View attachment 46301

View attachment 46302

View attachment 46303
Beautiful work! Nicely done, love the light.