Eagle outing and Orcas crash the party

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Midway

I was out Monday and the Eagles put on quite an aerial show and while I was able to capture hundreds of peak action images, the light could have been better and I needed to add more processing than I would have liked on both highlights and shadows. I might post some of my Monday images latter.

I went back Thursday since the forecast was promising. The eagles were around but did not do much. While waiting for something to happen I noticed a pair of Orcas out near the navigational pilings and just watched them for the next hour and a half. They were too far out to get decent images and after cropping and enlarging not much is left but I am always captivated by orcas.

Some eagles did occasionally block my view while I watched the orcas through my lens.

Eagle_6731_1000p.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Eagle_6733_1000p.jpg
Eagle_6735_1000p.jpg
Orca_2189-t_1000p.jpg
Orca_3047b_1000p.jpg

Great fun set, I was also there Monday and Thursday, It was fun and I caught the whales Tale in the air but otherwise they were skimming the water. Hopefully we have more fun days the next few weeks, but we will have more crowds.

Chris S.

I was out Monday and the Eagles put on quite an aerial show and while I was able to capture hundreds of peak action images, the light could have been better and I needed to add more processing than I would have liked on both highlights and shadows. I might post some of my Monday images latter.

I went back Thursday since the forecast was promising. The eagles were around but did not do much. While waiting for something to happen I noticed a pair of Orcas out near the navigational pilings and just watched them for the next hour and a half. They were too far out to get decent images and after cropping and enlarging not much is left but I am always captivated by orcas.

Some eagles did occasionally block my view while I watched the orcas through my lens.

View attachment 89766View attachment 89767View attachment 89768View attachment 89769View attachment 89770
Awesome👍👍👍

Great fun set, I was also there Monday and Thursday, It was fun and I caught the whales Tale in the air but otherwise they were skimming the water. Hopefully we have more fun days the next few weeks, but we will have more crowds.

Chris S.

I might be done this season. The weather and tides don't look ideal and I have a trip planed early June. As it is I have hundreds of keepers, most from Monday but a few I like from Thursday including the lighting on this one.
Eagle_8364_1000p.jpg

Back