Early Winter Grand Teton National Park

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Beautiful photo Dave and I recognized the location. I have photographed the Tetons from that location a few times, less crowded, and a very serene place to take in the beauty of the Gros Ventres Valley as well.
Thanks Vern.

Yeah, it's a pretty easy place to get to and commonly photographed by locals but generally not crowded. In past years it was legal to camp there but after a bit too much camping use they've stopped allowing folks to camp there and have put up signs to that effect. Good news for photographers but it was fun to wake up to that view :)

Thanks Kathy.

Here's another image captured from a position a couple of hundred feet further back from the edge of the ridge. This place has been a very popular place for wedding portraits over the years to the point that it's known by locals as The Wedding Tree.

D5, 24-120mm @120mm f/7.1, 1/800", ISO 180
View attachment 10568
Hi Dave.

The wedding tree shot is especially nice. Thanks for sharing.

JIM

Thanks Kathy.

Here's another image captured from a position a couple of hundred feet further back from the edge of the ridge. This place has been a very popular place for wedding portraits over the years to the point that it's known by locals as The Wedding Tree.

D5, 24-120mm @120mm f/7.1, 1/800", ISO 180
View attachment 10568
I really like the tree-framing of the scene. Most people might stand near the edge and eliminate the framing but your picture is very distinctive.

Back