Eclipse Photobomb

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ductape

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Spent the past week or so chasing bears in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. One night while driving back to camp all tired and spent, we noticed the eclipse happening above us. Took the next pull out and snapped a few obligatory photo's of the eclipse over the Wyoming sky. It wasn't until several days later while looking in Lightroom that I realized my moon shot had been photobombed by an airplane and it's contrail. Certainly made for a more interesting photo:

DSC_4517-BCG Forums Export-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Spent the past week or so chasing bears in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. One night while driving back to camp all tired and spent, we noticed the eclipse happening above us. Took the next pull out and snapped a few obligatory photo's of the eclipse over the Wyoming sky. It wasn't until several days later while looking in Lightroom that I realized my moon shot had been photobombed by an airplane and it's contrail. Certainly made for a more interesting photo:

View attachment 39665

That is a seriously fun photo when you realize what the black line is.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Saw a similar shot on Astronomy Picture of the Day this week…a Falcon 9 launch last month that was crossing the rising sun. The photographer had to do a lot of research to figure out where to be…needed a sunrise of course and also an idea of whether it was a NE or SE launch direction so that he could position himself at the right location where the relatively small rocket (compared to the sky size) crossed the almost equally small rising sun.

Back