Egret with 800 PF

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ajrmd

Managed to get one clean shot of this unacclimated egret. This lens continues to surprise me and rarely disappoints.

egret000.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I don't have much to add, very nice. Except maybe to lower the saturation selectively on those high chroma reeds. Thinking that would deemphasize then and push them to the background. I don't know if Lightroom gives you hsl when masked, but if not it's a snap to do it in Photoshop. And maybe remove that dark blob and the one stray grass bottom left.

Nice capture. A little more detail and sharpness of it would've been nice, it appears a little soft, but we can't always have everything.

Nice capture. A little more detail and sharpness of it would've been nice, it appears a little soft, but we can't always have everything.
Yes, it was shot in the shade, wide open, and the RAW file is plenty sharp. Made some color/contrast adjustments, enlarged and printed beautifully to 24x36 on a luminescent paper. Seems to draw a lot of interest when displayed.

Yes, it was shot in the shade, wide open, and the RAW file is plenty sharp. Made some color/contrast adjustments, enlarged and printed beautifully to 24x36 on a luminescent paper. Seems to draw a lot of interest when displayed.
Maybe it has to do with the resolution used here.

Back