Elk in the Rut - Rocky Mountain National Park

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MalcolmP

Supporting Member
Marketplace
0DSC_9127.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
1DSC_9222.jpg
5DSC_9318.jpg
2DSC_9284.jpg
3DSC_9307.jpg
4DSC_9316.jpg

Last edited:
Super shots. How long did it take you to train them to pose like that?;)

Beautiful series

Excellent set! Well done👍👍👍

Great set.

Very nice! #2 is my favorite

Really nice set. I really like the first two!

Very impressive set of these massive beautiful animal. That first shot is a classic.

Wonderful set of shots here! Great timing on your part to capture these nice bulls.

Great set a representative of the time of year. They all look 👍👍👍👍
Chris S

Great captures. I especially like the second shot.

beautiful images

Wonderful

Great set. He is definitely the King of his domain.

This is a great set, Malcolm. Well done.
Thank you all! For those of you who have visited Rocky Mountain National Park, I don't need to tell you what a wonderful place it is. For those of you who haven't, I highly recommend September and the first half of October. These were shot in Moraine Park which is a vast meadow and these two bulls utilized the entire stage over several hours. These photographs were from their first engagement. For the following hour, the Alpha Bull bugled while tending to his harem while the vanquished went back to grazing. When he dropped into a narrow creek bed, they reengaged with the dominant on the top of the bank where he absolutely hammered away. Bunches of grass hampered photographs but not the amazing sound of their antlers crashing together. Thanks again for your kind comments and encouragement!

Back