Elk Vs Bird

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Steve

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
This little calf didn't enjoy birds landing on his back. Each time they'd try, he's shake them off and give them a dirty look. Luckily, I saw this bird land on his rump and knew what was coming next :)

elk-calf-bird.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Steve, that's a unique shot. Not often one sees something like this. It does reinforce one of my core beliefs when it comes to photographing wildlife. I like to stay put and take my time working with an animal like this. So many folks will see the animal, take a picture, and move on to the next opportunity. By doing that one misses that one unique money shot that presents itself after a while.

Steve, that's a unique shot. Not often one sees something like this. It does reinforce one of my core beliefs when it comes to photographing wildlife. I like to stay put and take my time working with an animal like this. So many folks will see the animal, take a picture, and move on to the next opportunity. By doing that one misses that one unique money shot that presents itself after a while.
That's probably one of the best lessons out there - I've captured so many shots I really like because I stuck with an animal for awhile. I should put that into the quick tips section :)

Great advice. I had spent several weeks this spring watching a tree in which I had seen a female Barred Owl go in and out numerous times. Believing there to be eggs and then owlets inside, I was constantly curious if there were in fact hatchlings there. Having had my lens trained on a crack in the tree (less than an inch wide) from some distance and 20
ft up the tree, one evening I finally spied movement inside and was fortunate to get this first shot. It was another two weeks before this one and another fledged but they gave a lot of photo opps the past few months.
20200515-850_2078.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Back