Epic first Day with Z8 - Chapter 1

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BorderBirder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Just had a wonderful morning out with the Z8 starting at 0530. Blessed with many beautiful birds, starting with these sand martins and swallows sunning themselves in the cold 3-5°C. Classic mistake at the beginning with camera set to 120fps and therefore JPEG for the first two!!!! Thankfully detected it quickly. Sequels to follow in the coming days!!
Day 1 Nikon Z8-0529-IMG_00001.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Day 1 Nikon Z8-0529-IMG_00002.jpg
Day 1 Nikon Z8-0529-IMG_00003.jpg
Day 1 Nikon Z8-0529-IMG_00004.jpg

Just had a wonderful morning out with the Z8 starting at 0530. Blessed with many beautiful birds, starting with these sand martins and swallows sunning themselves in the cold 3-5°C. Classic mistake at the beginning with camera set to 120fps and therefore JPEG for the first two!!!! Thankfully detected it quickly. Sequels to follow in the coming days!!
View attachment 62283View attachment 62284View attachment 62285View attachment 62286
Congrats on the new cam. Nice shots.

Thanks Patrick - it was actually one of the most blessed outings I've had for a long time! See the Chapters yet to come!!!

Coming from a Z7ii, the camera is of course more work to customise (but then more tailored to your own preferences), but even on this first day, its fit in the hand and autofocus are streets ahead for me. A pleasure to use, and easier to have your attention on nature, and of course with a lovely view through the brighter more resolved viewfinder.
I've enjoyed my Z7ii for landscapes but for action always a struggle. I used pinpoint and Wide are large mostly, and reverted to my D500 for one chance only scenarios e.g. otter workshop on Skye.
I also found the Exp Comp v awkward for my hand, but on the Z8 its very comfortable - evne better than the D500.

Thanks Steven. More exciting chapters come.... all from this morning!

(How's your snowy hare print doing by the way??!)
It was printed on canvas (third party; I still haven't run canvas through my printer yet!), 24x18 on a stretcher in a box frame; hangs in a friend's waiting room (psychologist; says its very very calming :) ).
Looking forward to what you produce with the Z8!

Back