European mantis

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The European mantis is a large hemimetabolic insect in the family of the Mantidae ('mantids'), which is the largest family of the order Mantodea (mantises). Their common name praying mantis is derived from the distinctive posture of the first pair of legs that can be observed in animals in repose. It resembles a praying 🙏 attitude.

📷 Nikon D7500 + 🔍 Sigma 105mm EX DG Macro OS (single shots), edited with 📀 on1 PhotoRAW 2020.5💰

Which one do you ♥ more? Let me know with a message, thanks.

DSC_9760.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

DSC_9735.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I agree with the posts above, both are beautiful in their own ways. If I had to choose I'd take the top one in profile just because it shows more of the insect and reveals details like the inner arm markings and jagged spikes.

These would be fantastic subjects for focus stacked macro work to bring out all the detail from either angle.

Great shots!

I agree with the posts above, both are beautiful in their own ways. If I had to choose I'd take the top one in profile just because it shows more of the insect and reveals details like the inner arm markings and jagged spikes.

These would be fantastic subjects for focus stacked macro work to bring out all the detail from either angle.

Great shots!
Even if the mantis was calm for a while, I didn't take different shots for stacking. I didn't have the tripod and I still need to practice. Thank you, cheers !

Back