Exporting a color checker passport photo to create a profile in LRC

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

As most shooters on this forum shoot RAW, I am hoping someone has been able to get this working in LRC 12.4. Using Ventura 13.4.1 on my Mac, I keep getting an error when trying to export a photo of a CCP from LRC to create a profile to apply to my RAW images. I've restarted LR as suggested in error message, but no luck.

This was still working in June 2022 exporting to an X-rite preset 'Color Checker Passport'. I've upgraded my ColorMunki Display to work with the new Calibrite calibration software to calibrate my screen.

Is there other software I need to download ?

Thanks in advance.
Johan

You need to use the CCP software that came with the color target to create the custom camera color profile to use in LR/PS. Check for the Xrite software on your computer. The software will use the CCP photo to create the color profile.

Video

Using ColorChecker Passport version 2.3, Ventura 13.3.1, LRC 12.4, Mac mini M2 Pro, I get all to work as expected, no error messages when exporting. CC Passport 2.3 is the latest update I could find, dated 7/21 and can be found here (scroll down on the page).

ADD: Went ahead and updated Mac mini (M2 Pro) to Ventura 13.4.1 and the ColorChecker PlugIn in LRC 12.4 still does properly export the RAW (NEF) image of the 24 square ColorChecker Passport to the PlugIn and the expected profile is created. No error messages. Takes several + seconds to have the profile made but it does so without issue and without error messages. After restarting LRC (as per the ColorChecker Passport Software directions) the new profile is available.

Possibly try to reinstall the ColorChecker software (which should reinstall the LR PlugIn) although the latest version is from 2021 and you had it working in 2022, I am assuming with the same version as is currently available.

I reinstalled LRC and the CCP software after changing computers in March of this year (2018 Mac mini to the 2023 M2 Pro version) and I am pretty sure Adobe has updated LRC since then and the CCP PlugIn still works.

I use SpectraView II with an NEC monitor (and the device they provide) to calibrate my monitor. While the CCP software does have a preference check box for allowing it check the display calibration at start-up, it does not seem like the actual values for the display calibration should prevent the LRC PlugIn from simply exporting the file.

Last edited:
Using ColorChecker Passport version 2.3, Ventura 13.3.1, LRC 12.4, Mac mini M2 Pro, I get all to work as expected, no error messages when exporting. CC Passport 2.3 is the latest update I could find, dated 7/21 and can be found here (scroll down on the page).

ADD: Went ahead and updated Mac mini (M2 Pro) to Ventura 13.4.1 and the ColorChecker PlugIn in LRC 12.4 still does properly export the RAW (NEF) image of the 24 square ColorChecker Passport to the PlugIn and the expected profile is created. No error messages. Takes several + seconds to have the profile made but it does so without issue and without error messages. After restarting LRC (as per the ColorChecker Passport Software directions) the new profile is available.

Possibly try to reinstall the ColorChecker software (which should reinstall the LR PlugIn) although the latest version is from 2021 and you had it working in 2022, I am assuming with the same version as is currently available.

I reinstalled LRC and the CCP software after changing computers in March of this year (2018 Mac mini to the 2023 M2 Pro version) and I am pretty sure Adobe has updated LRC since then and the CCP PlugIn still works.

I use SpectraView II with an NEC monitor (and the device they provide) to calibrate my monitor. While the CCP software does have a preference check box for allowing it check the display calibration at start-up, it does not seem like the actual values for the display calibration should prevent the LRC PlugIn from simply exporting the file.
Thanks Robert - appreciate the detailed reply - Xrite sent me link to download and it worked as expected.

Back