FALL COLORS IN THE ADIRONDACK PARK

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PAUL50

Supporting Member
Marketplace
All these photos were taken in the vicinity of Long Lake in the Adirondack Park, NY, from October 5 - 7, 2022. The first photo is a river of water rushing towards Buttermilk Falls. The yellow reflection is from the trees above that were in full or near full Fall colors. The second photo was taken at Eaton Lake just after sunrise. The third photo was taken at Lake Durant. The fourth photo was also taken at Eaton Lake and the fifth photo was taken at Buttermilk Falls.
Buttermilk Falls_.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Fog Rising Over the Reeds II.jpg
Lake Durant.jpg
Lake EatonII.jpg
Buttermilk Falls Bronze.jpg

All these photos were taken in the vicinity of Long Lake in the Adirondack Park, NY, from October 5 - 7, 2022. The first photo is a river of water rushing towards Buttermilk Falls. The yellow reflection is from the trees above that were in full or near full Fall colors. The second photo was taken at Eaton Lake just after sunrise. The third photo was taken at Lake Durant. The fourth photo was also taken at Eaton Lake and the fifth photo was taken at Buttermilk Falls.
View attachment 47743View attachment 47744View attachment 47745View attachment 47746View attachment 47742
Beautiful Paul!👍👍👍

Very nice. Years ago I spent a fair bit of time in the Adirondacks climbing and canoeing; it's a beautiful area now being degraded for residents and many visitors by tourists and houses turned into short-term rentals.

Very nice. Years ago I spent a fair bit of time in the Adirondacks climbing and canoeing; it's a beautiful area now being degraded for residents and many visitors by tourists and houses turned into short-term rentals.
Thank you. Lake Placid and the area around Gore Mountain have been over built because of the ski areas. The towns, generally, have grown too since I was a kid, 60 plus years ago. Adirondack Park agency controls all construction and attempts to balance the interests of the environmentalists, the private individuals wishing to build, and industry. But overall, and with exceptions, there is a lot of poverty within the Park. It’s a very difficult balancing act between all the players.

View attachment 47743View attachment 47744View attachment 47745View attachment 47746View attachment 47742
Lovely images!

Hi Paul, Thanks for helping a newbe when I posted the questions about Nikon Z lenses.
Can I purchase one of the beautiful shots of the early morning mist?
Many thanks,
Mike Herring
[email protected]
908-380-7171
You’re welcome Mike. Anytime. I strongly suggest that you purchase @Steve ’s books. They are extremely well written and instructive. Most of what I know today comes from his books, videos, and practice in the field.

I had been selling my photos on SmugMug but recently stopped working with that site. I’m in process of developing new outlets for selling but I’ve temporarily stopped my sales efforts until I can either develop my own website or do something else. Sorry.

Hi Paul, I understand. I have not had great success with any of those websites in the past. I am a retired IT professional. I have been thinking about having my son build a website, but it is a great deal of work. Lately, I have just been trading prints with other nature photographers and I also make prints for them on my Canon PRO 4000, which can print up to 44 inches wide. I have been printing for 40+ years and I can produce superior prints to any of those sites.
If you would like me to produce a print for you on quality photographic paper, I would be happy to do that for free.
Attached is an image from Vermont 2023. I was not able to attach a file larger than this.
Thank you,
Mike

Attachments

• Job_B_0224_SAT.jpg
    Job_B_0224_SAT.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Hi Paul, I understand. I have not had great success with any of those websites in the past. I am a retired IT professional. I have been thinking about having my son build a website, but it is a great deal of work. Lately, I have just been trading prints with other nature photographers and I also make prints for them on my Canon PRO 4000, which can print up to 44 inches wide. I have been printing for 40+ years and I can produce superior prints to any of those sites.
If you would like me to produce a print for you on quality photographic paper, I would be happy to do that for free.
Attached is an image from Vermont 2023. I was not able to attach a file larger than this.
Thank you,
Mike
Thank you Mike, that’s very kind of you to offer. I have a printer in Billings, Montana, that’s been doing outstanding work for me. Beautiful shot of the falls!

Back