Feedback welcome.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I love the action I got here but curious about color and crop, mainly. Not sure I can get the fish any sharper. Constructive thoughts on processing and shooting welcome.

Attachments

• Pelican%20w-fishNZ8_6388-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    Pelican%20w-fishNZ8_6388-Enhanced-NR.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
That's a terrific capture. The contrast and sharpening on the feathers is true to the current style for bird photography, but I confess to finding it a bit over the top.

I love the action I got here but curious about color and crop, mainly. Not sure I can get the fish any sharper. Constructive thoughts on processing and shooting welcome.
Great capture! Perhaps you had to crop quite a bit in post but there's no fix for that other than frame tighter when taking the photo.

I'm thinking you took something a little to far, maybe the denoise or perhaps the dehaze or clarity. Seems to have a sharpening halo. If you have it it would look good with more of the water on the bottom to include the reflection/shadow. Certainly shows the behavior nicely.

Nothing wrong with the image. I also don't think it's oversharpened. Those white little fishes can easily appear unsharp due to the lack of contrast on their body. The eye of the fish is sharp enough. Depending on what you want to do with the image you can play around some more with the crop. You may find the image looks better with less of a crop.

Back