Firmware 5 for the Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi Guys,
Have done the update, but not seeing C15,
I have seen on another forum that someone had used the C15 and was surprised to find they were all jpegs
Not that I would use C15 in any case as I am a NEF raw shooter
But concerned, what else I may have missed
FWIW, I followed Steve's vid

Regards,
Gary

Assuming you’re following the instructions from the reference guide supplement for firmware 5.00, what options are you seeing?

Attachments

• IMG_8105.jpeg
    IMG_8105.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 35
Assuming you’re following the instructions from the reference guide supplement for firmware 5.00, what options are you seeing?
Hi There,
Only seeing this,
With no C15, not that Im going to use it because I only shoot RAW, but the fact C15 did not get there, wondering if I may have missed any other options?
Regards,
Gary

Attachments

• Firmware 5_.jpg
    Firmware 5_.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 19
Those look like just options in 'continuous high', c15 is not in continuous high and on it's own.

Page 9 of this should help

Thank you Cameron,
That is exactly what I'm doing but don't get the C15

Firmware 5 -2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This what my firmware version looks like, my geriatric iPhone didnt show the letters too well so had to put them in with PS
.............. Gary

All I can say is you're doing something wrong, because mine shows it just fine. I think you're not actually following what it says, and you're in continuous high (using the clover button dial that's physically set to continuous high), and not the mode it's telling you to be in.

This is what it should look like

Attachments

• 20240325_171954.jpg
    20240325_171954.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 17
It's in the high speed capture mode for jpgs where you had options for C30, C60 and C120. You have to rotate the mode selector dial clockwise to the last position, the one past the timer...then press the left button on the clover buttons and rotate the main command dial and scroll through the options in your viewfinder or your monitor.

It's in the high speed capture mode for jpgs where you had options for C30, C60 and C120. You have to rotate the mode selector dial clockwise to the last position, the one past the timer...then press the left button on the clover buttons and rotate the main command dial and scroll through the options in your viewfinder or your monitor.
Thank you Tom,
Finally got it , it's a relief that the firmware is correct after all, just this old timer is a little slow ! :)
............ Regards,
Gary

You're quite welcome...I had to look it up in the firmware addendum for Ver 5.0 as I never use that feature, though I'm sure I might find something that it's ideal for at some point.

Cheers!

Back