Firmware 5 New AUTO CAPTURE FEATURES

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BarkingBeans Coffee

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
IMO these are very welcome. I am not sure why BIRD subject detection still isn't there.
I have taken these and some of the text from the supplemental manual for FW5.0.
I have reordered them with the top three being the ones I think will get most attention.

New Release Mode Options

You can now use release mode [C15] and [C60].

NO MORE FOCAL LENGTH LIMITATIONS

Distance can be configured within a range of 0.1 to 999 m, regardless of the focal length.

The value for [Nearest] can be adjusted by rotating the main command dial, and the value for [Farthest] can be adjusted by rotating the sub-command dial.
We recommend that you configure [Nearest] and [Farthest] within the range of values indicated by the numbers in white. Setting these options to values indicated in yellow may reduce how accurately the camera can detect the distance to the subject.

DX Image Area Support

DX image area is now supported.
Auto capture cannot be used when the image area is set to [1:1 (24×24)] or [16:9 (36×20)] in photo mode.

Manual Focus With Distance Allowed

You can focus manually by simply selecting manual focus on the camera. The area used for subject detection can now be enabled and disabled with [Target area] if [Capture criteria] > [Distance] is deselected in manual focus mode.

Note the Cautions: “Capture Criteria“ > “Distance”

Pressing the AF-ON button or the shutter-release button to set the distance in manual focus saves the current focus position. Before pressing either button, adjust the focus position by rotating the focus or control ring on the lens.

Some Items Renamed

[Speed] has been changed to [Slowest]. [Subject Size] has been changed to [Smallest].

Subject Detection Display [Subject Size] has been changed to [Smallest].

Distance Criteria Display

[Near] has been changed to [Nearest]. [Far] has been changed to [Farthest].

Airplanes Added to Subject Detection Types

“Set Start Day/Time” Added

Yellow Frame During Auto Capture

A yellow frame will be displayed around the shooting display if the camera does not detect a subject that meets the configured criteria after starting auto capture. This makes it clear that the camera is in standby for auto capture.

A red frame will be displayed around the shooting display while the camera detects and captures the subject.

Back