First Snow - Morant's Curve - Canadian Rockies- Alberta Canada

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Morrants Curve  1200 pix.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Love that ,, fabulous shot ,, this is the type of photo that definitely floats my boat .. If someone were to ask me what Canada looks like in winter time this photo would paint the picture nicely

Harry.G

Love that ,, fabulous shot ,, this is the type of photo that definitely floats my boat .. If someone were to ask me what Canada looks like in winter time this photo would paint the picture nicely

Harry.G
Thanks Harry for the awesome compliment , This is definitely one of my favourites Absolutely love our Rocky Mountains :)

Great shot. Awesome. I spent a few hours there off and on over three days in July 2015 when we stayed in Field, BC In a B&B. It’s a fantastic place for scenery and for railroad action too. Especially like your shot in that there is great color and no ice in the Bow River for more contrast.

Great shot. Awesome. I spent a few hours there off and on over three days in July 2015 when we stayed in Field, BC In a B&B. It’s a fantastic place for scenery and for railroad action too. Especially like your shot in that there is great color and no ice in the Bow River for more contrast.
Thanks James Yes I was fortunate as it was in Oct and it was the very first snowfall One of those right place, right time kinda things :)

Would love to hear the backstory if you care to share?;)
Well lets say its funny how things work out. lol. It was Oct and I started early before sun up waiting for this infamous train that has no schedule. After 7 hours of -15C temps, raging blizzard at one point with zero visibility, to a train that kept coming from the wrong direction. So after running back and forth to my car to defrost my body parts numerous times it was 2 pm ish and I was done, frozen to the bone, I had tapped out , given up. The sun had come out and the mountains cleared but I was still done and fully committed to calling it a day. As I started to tear down another train came but again from the wrong direction, I thought to myself "great of course it is" , but ....... It was going in reverse, I then realized that eventually the front of the train would be facing me and would appear as it was coming towards me. I scrambled to get my camera back on the tripod and with only seconds to spare I prayed and sprayed and got the shot . (That train is actually travelling in reverse !!! ) With a little luck it definitely turned out to be worth effort and the frost bite haha

Back