Flexible tripod for Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JoelKlein

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While on a hike, I wanted to get some selfie pictures, the only option was a rock which wasn’t flat. I was thinking if there is a reliable flexible tripod feet, or to clamp it around a tree branch.
Lens wise, It would be the 24-120/4 or the 50/1.8.

Thanks in advance

While on a hike, I wanted to get some selfie pictures, the only option was a rock which wasn’t flat. I was thinking if there is a reliable flexible tripod feet, or to clamp it around a tree branch.

Thanks in advance
Joel,

I have been using a spider tripod, it works very well.

Oliver

Which lens?
My 100-400. I always have a strap attached and around my neck when in use. Basically repurposed on old Vanguard ball head. So your smaller lens will do just fine, but also that's why I suggest the 5G vs 3G. I don't imagine the weight difference is alot. After the beach I just ditch the wrapping and re wrap for next time. For me the beach means usually a trip so I just leave it on for the time there. I have taken this on hikes too. Easily fits in the side of backpack.

My reason was similar to yours when I was up on the No Cal coast and couldn't get a spider web shot easily. Not the same as a selfie but similar.

Joby - 2.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Joby - 1.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thanks in advance
The Gorilla Pod come to mind.
But a sandbag or water pack works too ... 🦘

Back