Florida Panhandle

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gaknott

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am going to orange Beach, AL for a few days next week. Any recommendations for bird/wildlife locations there or the western end of the Florida panhandle? Thanks in advance!

Check E-bird for hotspots Fort Morgan is a good place and Gulf State Park has an Eagles Nest and they are flying in and out in the mornings you might have to wait several hours to see them but I was there last weekend.
850_8090Web.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
850_7716Web.jpg
850_8057Web.jpg

Yes it's on Shelby Lakes I will attach where I dropped a pin. It's a short walk from Lakeview trail head. I took them with a 600mm lens not sure what size of a lens you have.
313856946_514268837244261_5544814520379458905_n.jpg

It will and you will need all of that once you see the nest you will know just exactly how much I had to crop these images. I waited several hours in the morning before I seen them but mornings seem to be best for them and the light was much better in the morning than any other time I went there. You will have a lot of people stopping by on bicycles asking if you have seem them as well.

Back