Flying Kingfisher

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gKhan,
Many Thanks for your comment, I can appreciate your frustration,, practice practice and maybe increase your shutter speed, when you get that shot it will give you a big smile.
Keep trying and Good Luck
Chris S.
I agree and have been shooting 1/5000 to 8000 and the Z8 does an excellent job of focusing and tracking. The major problem is the distance us usually too far and the subjects appear way too small in the photos because they are flying over a lake. They appear to be eating a bug hatch that occurs about the same time every day.

Ironically, as I was leaving the lake after a frustrating time of taking about 500 shots, I spotted a swallow taking off from a nearby bush. I started shooting before I ever got the camera completely to my eye. The Z8 did its job as advertised. It locked on, focused and tracked perfectly for the two seconds the bird was visible.

The resulting shots were very good but all I can take credit for is being wise enough to buy that model camera in the first place. And, as you suggested, I will keep on practicing.

Back