Focus Point is Locked

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I am frustrated trying to find the answer to the above question. I have gone from top to bottom of everything I can find in the "setup of Z9..." I was shooting yesterday and was trying to move the focus point with my camera in portrait mode. I use back button focus mode. I attempted to move the focus point in the viewfinder and kept seeing an error message which read " focus point is locked" I searched my copy of the setup manual (Steve's Manual) and while I found the answer to keeping the focus point in the same place in the viewfinder I never found the solution to the "locked Focus Point" I know I am still learning the many setting menus with the help of the Backcountry manual so I am asking for direction from the forum members who may find my question an "oh good grief" statement but I will thank you in advance.

From the manual:

Focus-point selection can be locked by choosing [ON] for Custom Setting f4 or g3 [Control lock] > [Focus-point lock].

From the manual:

Focus-point selection can be locked by choosing [ON] for Custom Setting f4 or g3 [Control lock] > [Focus-point lock].

I guess in my frustration I must have skipped over F4 because you are absolutely correct I failed to turn "Off" F4. I am free of the dreaded error message! Many thanks for your help!

Back