Focus stacked orchid detail of alien space pilot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Bill M

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Orchids are blooming again. Grabbed this macro shot of the orchid detail. Always looks like an alien space man in his cockpit control center to me. Probably a throw back to the evil Emperor Ming in the Flash Gordon series. Yep I'm old enough to be referencing the one with the space ship on a wire shooting sparks out the exhaust.
2022-09-22 12-49-38 (C,S8).jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thank you. When I have done a net search and showed some Flash Gordon clips to my grandchildren they can't believe we actually looked forward to watching the episodes.
I remember Flash Gordon. I used to watch it at my neighbor's house, because we didn't have a TV at the time.
Nice focus stack. My wife raises orchids. It's a treat to see them blooming in the middle of our gloomy winters.

I remember Flash Gordon. I used to watch it at my neighbor's house, because we didn't have a TV at the time.
Nice focus stack. My wife raises orchids. It's a treat to see them blooming in the middle of our gloomy winters.

Nailed it!

Almost looks like a Flash Gordon alien, all right.

I like how you used just a portion of the flower in this shot.
Thanks. Happy everyone is catching the Flash Gordon reference. I appreciate you all taking the time to comment. I find I am doing a bit more portions of flowers and portions of other subjects in my macro work lately. Adds a bit of mystery and reveals more unseen/unnoticed details.

Back