Foggy Florida Morning

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I camped the last three days at Goose Pasture Campground that is part of the Aucilla Wildlife Management Area. It's located south east of Tallahassee, FL. This is a free campsite with no hook ups. Didn't see much in the way of wildlife and it was overcast with flat light and nothing to photograph scenery wise. That changed this morning. It was foggy at sunrise so I walked the 100 yards from where I was camped down to the river to see if there were any photographic possibilities. I had seen this tree and thought it would make for a nice picture but like I said the light wasn't cooperating and by itself wasn't that interesting. But this morning with the fog and an Anhinga (Let me know if I'm wrong about that.) perched on a branch spreading its wings they added the right touches. I took a number of pictures with different focal lengths and tried a couple of different post processes. I like the painterly look they have. Let me know which one
you like best. Thank you.

030224AucillaWRAFL01Small.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

030224AucillaWRAFL02Small.jpg

030224AucillaWRAFL03Small.jpg

030224AucillaWRAFL04Small.jpg

Second is my pick. I like the bird's wing spread, and seeing the head, which you can't in the first. Great shots.
Thank you. I agree the first one would be better if the head was showing.
🤩Wow! Frame it! Stunning scene….
Thank you very much
The second one is my favorite. I really like the colors.
Thank you. Appreciate the feedback.
The second one. The mist seems just a bit denser which isolates the tree and bird.
Thank you for the feedback.
The first and the last would be my choice.
Thank you for your feedback.
Stunning! Agree with @Woodyg3 Process the second one exactly like the first. IMPO that would be a stunner!
Thank you. I think I'll work on the second one to make it closer to the colors in the first.
Really very nice ambiance in these images! 🤩
Thank you very much.

Back