Foldable Seat

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've seen folks using this style stool and have thought about getting one. How is the comfort level compared to the standard 3 legged stool with a fabric seat? I'd imagine its a bit less comfortable but still reasonable for short periods of time? It's not like one will be sitting 12 hours in it...

I have said it before: this type of seat is good and even decently comfortable if you sit straight down on it (and move straight up) and do not wiggle at all, but I found that while photographing I unconsciously (or consciously) do move my butt a bit back and forth and that is NOT something a rigid plastic collapsable stool will tolerate well. The seat of this type I took to Nome ended up breaking. I was able to fix it when I got home, but for photography I now would only ever use a cloth-covered type stool (like a Walkstool).

Back