Free Z8 Buying Advice

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Bob Hullinger

Supporting Member
Marketplace
For whatever any of this is worth....

There's a place called Camera Mall in Ann Arbor Michigan that charges no sales tax if you are outside of Michigan. They overnight ship to me free. Anything I order by 3 on weekdays is out the door and here the next morning. To be fair I live close so the shipping is fast and ironically if I drive the couple of hours to the store to pick things up I have to pay Michigan sales taxes.

I got both my Z9 and Z 100-400 from Camera Mall while most other shoppers were sitting on waiting lists and visiting websites chatting about how long they had been waiting.

I never went on a list for either but did browse vendors sites daily. I also made regular calls to salespeople I have bought from in the past at various vendors to check availability. In both cases, I had the camera and 100-400 lens way before the major vendors even listed the products as being available and I had them the next day and paid no sales tax. No major vendor was stocking the Z9 and Camera Mall told me they were getting two a week when I placed my order.

Happy shopping everybody!

There's a place called Camera Mall in Ann Arbor Michigan that charges no sales tax if you are outside of Michigan. They overnight ship to me free. Anything I order by 3 on weekdays is out the door and here the next morning. To be fair I live close so the shipping is fast and ironically if I drive the couple of hours to the store to pick things up I have to pay Michigan sales taxes.

I got both my Z9 and Z 100-400 from Camera Mall while most other shoppers were sitting on waiting lists and visiting websites chatting about how long they had been waiting.

I never went on a list for either but did browse vendors sites daily. I also made regular calls to salespeople I have bought from in the past at various vendors to check availability. In both cases, I had the camera and 100-400 lens way before the major vendors even listed the products as being available and I had them the next day and paid no sales tax. No major vendor was stocking the Z9 and Camera Mall told me they were getting two a week when I placed my order.

Are they an authorized Nikon dealer?

I just tried to order from them and they charge sales tax. I am from Texas.

Back