Frog having a bad day

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Sony A1 600GM
I was busy taking a video on the tripod with another body when this guy swooped down into the water grabbing a frog. I really didn't have time at ll to adjust camera settings but did use my custom recall setting of 1/1600th in order to get a few shots. Once I got them only computer I realized I must have not pressed the lens button all the way for the recall and was only 1/100th for shutter speed. They could have certainly been better if I would have had time but they're still interesting nonetheless.

Red shoulder hawk by Steven Haddix, on Flickr

Nice shots! On Flickr, the shutter speed shows as 1/1000th.
Thank you. Yes unfortunately I didn't fully press the lens button which is where I have my recall function enabled and I was shutting at 1/1000th prior to shooting video on the other body. I really wish I had depressed it fully because some of the other shots would have been much better.

Sony A1 600GM
I was busy taking a video on the tripod with another body when this guy swooped down into the water grabbing a frog. I really didn't have time at ll to adjust camera settings but did use my custom recall setting of 1/1600th in order to get a few shots. Once I got them only computer I realized I must have not pressed the lens button all the way for the recall and was only 1/100th for shutter speed. They could have certainly been better if I would have had time but they're still interesting nonetheless.

Incredible sharpness for 1/100 of sec. Nice Steven!👍👍

Back