Frozen fog

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I made this image at -17°C, the water vapors caused by the cold made this image suggestive but also not very engraved. I ask for your sincere opinion
Merlo3.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I do like the overall image. It might be helpful if you can make the bird"pop" a little bit. Or, possibly "Dehaze" the whole photo a tiny bit, and the bird a bit more. If you use Lightroom, possibly select the bird and use a bit of dehaze or other adjustments to make it a bit more defined. Others may have different approaches that are more efficient or effective. It is a nice scene to capture with a bit of a winter greeting card look. I like it.

Last edited:
I do like the overall image. It might be helpful if you can make the bird"pop" a little bit. Or, possiblt "Dehaze" the whole photo a tiny bit, and the bird a bit more. If you use Lightroom, possibly select the bird and use a bit of dehaze or other adjustments to make it a bit more defined. Others may have different approaches that are more efficient or effective. It is a nice scene to capture with a bit of a winter greeting card look. I like it.
Thank you so much for the advice JAS
Dionigi

I think I would explore cropping to a square. This would make the bramble form a bit of a frame for the bird. And I would clean up and smooth out the ground and some of the twigs sticking out. Gives a nice contemplative feeling, but agree that the bird could be the center of attention if it had more contrast or color or sharpness.

Reactions: JAS
My friend, as you know, I am prone to a high-contrast image as personal taste, but in this case, the fog makes sense of cold. Well done.

To be picky and good with the post-production, I would try to decrease the point of light on the branches that steal some attention.
But I don't know if it's possible or a viable option.

I think I would explore cropping to a square. This would make the bramble form a bit of a frame for the bird. And I would clean up and smooth out the ground and some of the twigs sticking out. Gives a nice contemplative feeling, but agree that the bird could be the center of attention if it had more contrast or color or sharpness.
Thanks for your suggestions
My friend, as you know, I am prone to a high-contrast image as personal taste, but in this case, the fog makes sense of cold. Well done.

To be picky and good with the post-production, I would try to decrease the point of light on the branches that steal some attention.
But I don't know if it's possible or a viable option.
Thanks Marco, as you well know, post production and I don't get along very well, to be optimistic😅🤣🤣

I would also try to dehaze a little, but the bird only. Although I do like it as is. It's clearly fog that you were shooting through and most would know this even if you hadn't said anything.

Back