If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The eagles don't arrive until mid February, the flowers are gone, the bugs are hiding - but we can still have some frozen fun in the garden!
D500, Nikkor 85mm macro, 10 degrees Fahrenheit, at sunrise.

2481-BC.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I am a 42-year-old man and my brain just thought OMG that is beautiful. What is the lens ball seeing? is that leaves standing up behind it?

Well, that is absolutely AMAZING in my book! I have a new thing to try and figure out. My kids much prefer seeing Dad nerd out on this type of thing than my normal birds and such.

Well, that is absolutely AMAZING in my book! I have a new thing to try and figure out. My kids much prefer seeing Dad nerd out on this type of thing than my normal birds and such.
It is a lot of fun and your kids would have fun doing it too. They could be your assistant bubble blowers! I have
taught several classes on this to my local photography clubs and I would be happy to send you some information. Not sure how we can work it out to send you something though. It's a PDF of my class information. If we can work out how I can send it to you I will certainly be happy to do so!

It is a lot of fun and your kids would have fun doing it too. They could be your assistant bubble blowers! I have
taught several classes on this to my local photography clubs and I would be happy to send you some information. Not sure how we can work it out to send you something though. It's a PDF of my class information. If we can work out how I can send it to you I will certainly be happy to do so!
I have sent you a private message via these forums. Thank you so much. I am sure they will like that.

I would appreciate a copy also if you can work it out. The photo is really intriguing. Have you ever tried that at nite with and without off camera flashes? I'm wondering if you get the same level of detail on the bubble.
Great job!!!

I would appreciate a copy also if you can work it out. The photo is really intriguing. Have you ever tried that at nite with and without off camera flashes? I'm wondering if you get the same level of detail on the bubble.
Great job!!!
Send me a PM through this group with your email address and I will send it to you.
I have tried it with lights at night but the results were not pleasing to me. Maybe somebody else knows how to do that lol

Hi Gail! I have just bought a load of macro gear. Inspiring image! I'm not sure, but could you drop your PDF right here in the forum just like an image? That is if you wish to share the information with all forum viewers. The advice may not be that useful here in Australia where it has been over 40 degrees celsius in recent days. Perhaps I'll look for new friend who runs a meat freezer facility!

Hi Gail! I have just bought a load of macro gear. Inspiring image! I'm not sure, but could you drop your PDF right here in the forum just like an image? That is if you wish to share the information with all forum viewers. The advice may not be that useful here in Australia where it has been over 40 degrees celsius in recent days. Perhaps I'll look for new friend who runs a meat freezer facility!
Well I'm not sure that's allowed for one thing and if it is allowed I don't know how to do it. It's a lengthy PDF - many pages - it's not just one page. Not sure you'd be able to use the information much where you are. It would have to fall to at least -6 Celsius or 20° f 😊

Well I'm not sure that's allowed for one thing and if it is allowed I don't know how to do it. It's a lengthy PDF - many pages - it's not just one page. Not sure you'd be able to use the information much where you are. It would have to fall to at least -6 Celsius or 20° f 😊
Thanks Gail! That might be one for Steve. I have often inserted a Youtube link and that inserts the Youtube video screen in the post. I think you are probably right - if you inadvertantly try to include a huge TIF image you get a warning that the file is too large. Marvellous image of a freezing bubble! Who would of thought of that? Oh yes! You did!