If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Second attempt with images at correct size! My apologies for previous attempt. Below is the beautiful male Gang Gang Cockatoo from Australia, feeding on one of his favourite seed pods on a Liquidamber tree. Below him is his female partner ( these parrots mate for life). Photos taken near Sydney, NSW Australia. Nikon D500 + 500PF, 1/640, f6.3, ISO 1250.

_5009450.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

_5009504.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Second attempt with images at correct size! My apologies for previous attempt. Below is the beautiful male Gang Gang Cockatoo from Australia, feeding on one of his favourite seed pods on a Liquidamber tree. Below him is his female partner ( these parrots mate for life). Photos taken near Sydney, NSW Australia. Nikon D500 + 500PF, 1/640, f6.3, ISO 1250.

View attachment 15969

View attachment 15970
Beautiful shots!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

What an interesting bird. In the first image I like that you captured the two seed pods within DOF right in front of the bird. As a matter of style in both images I'd place the bird such that it is looking into the frame i.e. more space in front than behind.

You guys have great birds down there. Hopefully travel opens back up by November. We have optimistically booked airline tickets for mid-November through early December. If it happens the 500mm PF will make the trip :)

What an interesting bird. In the first image I like that you captured the two seed pods within DOF right in front of the bird. As a matter of style in both images I'd place the bird such that it is looking into the frame i.e. more space in front than behind.

You guys have great birds down there. Hopefully travel opens back up by November. We have optimistically booked airline tickets for mid-November through early December. If it happens the 500mm PF will make the trip :)
Thanks Dan, I just wish the bird had sat on a cleaner branch free of all the twigs! But I think I should crop in a little more on the left side. And yes we do have great birds here, I just hope even some politicians care about the whole environment they live in enough to look after it, because with the fires, droughts and floods we get, things can be pretty difficult for them living in Oz! To say nothing of urban encroachment. Absolutely adored your Snowy Owl, BTW!