Garden Butterflies.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello all. Somewhat of a beginner, as the adage goes, all the gear and no idea!
Would appreciate your views and comments on how I could improve, or if I should bother with trying to improve..is it worth the effort?

Cheers.

Garden Butterfly.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The thing about being a beginner is you can always improve and typically it will be by leaps.
If you want to improve I feel you need to be around those better than you. You've come to the right place and the reason I am here. The folks on here are great, helpful and many are what I would call "NAT GEO" talent.

As to your image, Not sure what but it does something for me. REally like the two in the back blurred with motion I assume. Great colors. A full thumbs up.

The thing about being a beginner is you can always improve and typically it will be by leaps.
If you want to improve I feel you need to be around those better than you. You've come to the right place and the reason I am here. The folks on here are great, helpful and many are what I would call "NAT GEO" talent.

As to your image, Not sure what but it does something for me. REally like the two in the back blurred with motion I assume. Great colors. A full thumbs up.

Thanks for the comments.
Yes, I'm a firm believer of immersing oneself in a group of more experienced and talented people. Learning by osmosis!
Glad the image told the story.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Would appreciate your views and comments on how I could improve, or if I should bother with trying to improve..is it worth the effort?
The colors on those butterflies are fantastic and the fade to the black background is really cool. I find the out of focus butterflies distracting and it might have been good to wait for a shot with just one of them or when the others had landed and were easier to keep in focus.

But definitely stick with it, you saw that and had the instincts to set up the shot. As Greg posted above progress can come in leaps and bounds at the beginning and the most important thing is that you enjoy your time behind the camera and enjoy the journey.

Hope you keep posting images!

-Dave

Back