Gave my Sony A1 a workout in Brazil

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I just got back from my long awaited (2 years in planning and then a year postponement) trip to the Pantanal and the Amazon Rainforest. I was apprehensive because of the problems I had had with my Sony A1, and really didn't get a chance to test it out properly after I got it back from being repaired. But I have to say, it performed beautifully! I'm blown away by what this camera can do! A couple of things I still have to figure out - what's the best way to handle the AF grabbing onto a leaf, branch, etc. when the animal is in the vegetation, and I definitely need to pay attention to the flashes when I'm shooting with the silent shutter at 30 fps! I have far too many photos to go through.

I still have a problem with the camera though - it has a steady vibration and hum when it's turned on. At times the hum was loud enough that I had to turn the camera off except when I was shooting. I'll contact Sony this week and get that taken care of.

Back