Generative Fill Art - Free Action from Russell Brown

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BarkingBeans Coffee

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Lesson from PixImpefect referencing Russel Brown action and how it works.

I know this isn't for everyone; as we start to blend photography and art and experiment with the new tools I think it's an interesting exercise.

Very first attempt.
1704899214107.png

1704899243468.png

Wow! Thank you for sharing your attempt, plus this method/tutorial! I just got CC not long ago, and it's a learning curve from using CS6 for the past ... the past.... omg, since its release............ . . . .

Ok, let's just ignore that realization there, and move right on into my attempt and a question for ya.

My first attempt, turned an eagle that stisch shot earlier for a test shot, into a .... well, into a perched penguin. Hah!
NEEDLESS to say, I have thus refined my selecting process and attempted again,... twice, see below, lmao :ROFLMAO:

Now for an actual question,
Did you have any issues with it generating more accurately when going below 20% brightness? It goes from distinguishable, to putting a giant oil painted human face over the whole thing, then just blehblobs.

Thanks much!
-Kidril

** This is my first reply ever here, just signed up, so I hope photo replies are allowed! I quick skimmed but found nothing regarding that? I mean, I would assume sharing is fine and all, but... *shrug*

orig.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Eagle penguin fail.jpg
He's got those crazy eyes...

I haven't had much more time to use it; What you might consider is a layer blending the original subject back in. That is what I did with the hummer if I recall. Yes I was last on CS6 before I went to the new version back in Nov 2023. So many changes and so many great tools since then.

Back