Godox V1 Pro

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I had a major misfire issues with a Flashpoint Zoom Li-on III (Godox V860III) and a Z7II. One of the troubleshooting tips with the Adorama rep was to set the shutter to mechanical (instead of electronic front curtain) on the Z7. It didn't fix the issue and I got the flash warrantied. I have other Flashpoint (Godox) flashes that I've used with the Z8 and cannot go higher than 1/200 shutter speed without a black line appearing. I also have a new Z6III and keep the shutter at mechanical whenever I'm using the flash.

So, there may be an issue with the V860III and electronic shutters, or in your specific case, I would try setting the flash to "normal" instead of High-Speed Sync and set the Z9 Custom Settings: e1: Flash Sync Speed to 1/200 and see if that eliminates the issue.
I'll try that tomorrow but it's weird that in outside daylight it overexposes way to much no matter what but in low light like after sunset it's fine or indoors. The Z8 and Z9 only have electronic shutter, I didn't know the Z6III has mechanical shutter. Thanks.

Back