Goldfinch on branch

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

gdecamp

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Took this one this morning in the back yard.

Z9, 400/2,8TC S, internal x1,4 and external TC1.4X = 784mm, hand held

backyard040922__0125_DxO.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice image! That side light is great, really makes the bird pop. My 400 comes this week (i hope!) how are you liking it so far?
Thank you! I'll say this, it's quick and snappy with all TC's added! The lens itself is heavier than I am used to using, 500pf, so it will take a little getting used to but just a learning curve. So far after a "whole day" I'm happy! 😂 Looking forward to Monday when I get to go out to a regular spot I like! Best of luck with yours!

Amazing image! Can you explain the internal TC?
It's the new Nikon 400/2.8TC S lens. It has a built in 1.4TC that you activate with a switch. Also you can use external TCs with it which is what I did here. Used both the internal and an external TC for this image to give 784mm (400x1.4x1.4=784mm at f5.6)

Last edited:
It's the new Nikon 400/2.8TC S lens. It had many a built in 1.4TC that you activate with a switch. Also you can use external TCs with it which is what I did here. Used both the internal and an external TC for this image to give 784mn (400x1.4x-.4=784mm at f5.6)
You could also go into the crop mode internally with the Z9. That would’ve been interesting as well. Thanks for the info.

Beautiful shot. Well captured and presented. Continued good shooting with your new lens. I just put in my deposit for the 800mm PF f/6.3. Though I would love the 400mm f/2.8 that is a bit more cost than I can justify with the new Z9 coming too.

Beautiful shot. Well captured and presented. Continued good shooting with your new lens. I just put in my deposit for the 800mm PF f/6.3. Though I would love the 400mm f/2.8 that is a bit more cost than I can justify with the new Z9 coming too.
Thank you! I'm sure you will love that new gear!

Back