Got Fish?(bears)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
How about a few more bears?

1)
_NZ91016.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2)
_NZ92963.jpg

3)
_NZ95296_DxO.jpg

4)
_NZ95619.jpg

5)
_NZ95735.jpg

6)
_NZ96835.jpg

7)
Z8A_5225.jpg

8)
Z8A_5448.jpg

So many great ones but that number seven is wow.
Thanks. Yeah I like that one too. Anytime I see them shake I fire a burst on general principles. Had no idea the salmon roe was spraying until I saw it on the computer.

Another great set Dan.👍👍👍
Thanks, Ralph.

Dan,

Great shots, you are on a ROLL (y) (y) (y) Your having to much fun!

Chris S.
Had too much fun. Now I'm working too much. Pulling up a few images at a time to edit is a good respite.

Wonderful set of captures. Beautiful animals, great action and well presented!
Thanks, Joe.

Wow, another great series from Katmai I assume. You had a very successful trip I would say.

Joe
Thanks, Joe, yes Katmai. It was indeed an extremely successful trip.

WOW, killer photos
Thanks, Charles.

That first bear I swear is thinking “is that the 400 f2.8?” “Nah he’ll just Photoshop more blur”😜
I was sitting right beside someone shooting a 400mm TC :mad:

Beautiful set. Love the photos!
Glad you enjoyed the post.

Super set, Dan! I like them all but #4 and 7 are my favs with the egg and water action.
Thanks, Kirk. Yeah it makes for cool photos but they're wasting the most nutritious part. That guy in no.4 had poor technique. They usually bite the tail off first exposing the egg sack. Second bit they get the eggs.

More great shots; love the fish wrapped around the snout shots :)
Thanks, Steven. Yeah I think that's kind of cool when that happens.

Superlative set. Fishing beyond.....
Thanks for commenting.

Beautiful photos of these gorgeous bears, but painful shots of the poor salmon. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate the comment. Yes the poor fish always look like they're crying for help. Of course they would die in a few days anyhow after spawning.

Wow ,another superb set of pictures Dan,
Thanks for sharing,
Gavin
Thanks for the kind words, Gavin. Glad you enjoyed the post.

Thanks, Charles.

I was sitting right beside someone shooting a 400mm TC :mad:

Glad you enjoyed the post.

Thanks, Kirk. Yeah it makes for cool photos but they're wasting the most nutritious part. That guy in no.4 had poor technique. They usually bite the tail off first exposing the egg sack. Second bit they get the eggs.
Agreed, what person or animal in their right mind wastes caviar/roe? Was the bears name, Forrest by chance? Silly bear. You need to go out there and show him how it's done, Dan. :p 🍻

Agreed, what person or animal in their right mind wastes caviar/roe? Was the bears name, Forrest by chance? Silly bear. You need to go out there and show him how it's done, Dan. :p 🍻
Hey I don't like caviar either :rolleyes:

When can I come visit? (great photos too)
It's just a plane ride away. Or two...

WOW!!! A great set of photos, I especially like the one with the eggs streaming out of the fish, but they're all excellent.
Thanks, Woody. Yeah the splash of orange is pretty cool.

Great series - wow!
Thanks for commenting, Steve.

FANTASTIC set of images!!! I was thinking of doing a mostly landscape trip to the Tetons and Yellowstone next year, but these images have me re-thinking that decision.

Back