Great Blue Heron in Flight

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Howard5252

Unknown, but working on it
Supporting Member
Marketplace
D7K_0821 copy 0_AIE.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I added about 1 1/2 inches to the left side of the canvas. To see it, look at the greenery at the lower left.

Lovely shot.

For what it's worth, my two cents worth of input... :cool: How would it look if you cut an inch off the right side and added another inch to the left? Take away the "I've been there" and add more to the "that's where I am headed". Also run the spot healing brush over some of the "join marks".

Lovey and classic POV/pose image typical of herons and other large birds flying across water. When I need to extend the image size, I content aware crop. It extends the image nearly 100% seamless. You can then go back and recrop to suit your style!

Lovey and classic POV/pose image typical of herons and other large birds flying across water. When I need to extend the image size, I content aware crop. It extends the image nearly 100% seamless. You can then go back and recrop to suit your style!
It was the canvas size that I extended to the left. What program do you use?

Lovely shot.

For what it's worth, my two cents worth of input... :cool: How would it look if you cut an inch off the right side and added another inch to the left? Take away the "I've been there" and add more to the "that's where I am headed". Also run the spot healing brush over some of the "join marks".
The photo was taken & edited several years ago and I have become accustom to the current version. I will give your suggestion some thought. I might be able to just remove a bit from the right side and get the same effect. What editing program are you using?

A combination of LR, Photoshop and Topaz products. What Topaz can do in a matter of seconds is quite amazing, but like everything, they're are not perfect, so I find the combination works well.

A combination of LR, Photoshop and Topaz products. What Topaz can do in a matter of seconds is quite amazing, but like everything, they're are not perfect, so I find the combination works well.
I use Photoshop Elements, LR6 (I own it), and Topaz primarily. In this case, the spot healing brush introduces a bit of blur on the water, it is noticeable though. By reversing the extended portion of the canvas, the waves & ripples match perfectly and if there is something that needs a bit of a touchup, I use the clone tool at a very small diameter. I could have hidden the reversal clue (the reed grass) but chose not to.

Howard
Photoshop. The content aware crop is the easiest way to achieve an extended crop size.
I don't use Photoshop. You said "Image Size", I extended the "Canvas Size" to the left. so I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. BTW, I use ELEMENTS, LR, and several Topaz products.

Back