guess where we are going later this year

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Carpe Diem. Enjoy your trip. If you are going to the Algarve and looking for a truly spectacular meal experience check out Al Sud.

Portugal (Z9)  - 2 - May 09, 2023-23-BCG Forums Export-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

If you get the chance go to the bbq pits by the marina in Portamao. Easy to find just look for the massive chimney.
BBQ grill is surrounded by several restaurants that each have their own section of the grill to cook on.
Some of the best seafood I’ve ever had.
unfortunately no chance of going there. We are on a very tight shedule and all excursions are pre booked by the travel company which are included in the cost. most days include one trip out in the morning and another in the afternoon. here is a list of what were and when for each day. should show if clicking on one of the days taking you into the itinery
we already have had an onboard upgrade to a higher deck free of charge. Also we get a car to and from the airport in the UK and transport from airport to ship and back. This also includes travel and health insurance, a really good deal I think and everyone has to be over 50 years old with this company, so no kids running around.

Day 1

UK to Oporto, Portugal

Day 2

Oporto, Portugal to Régua, Portugal

Day 3

Régua, Portugal to Pinhão, Portugal

Day 4

Pinhão, Portugal to Vega de Térron, Spain

Day 5

Vega de Térron, Spain to Pocinho, Portugal

Day 6

Pocinho, Portugal to Régua, Portugal to Bitetos, Portugal

Day 7

Bitetos, Portugal to Oporto, Portugal

Views across Oporto

Sail back to Oporto this morning.
Discover the history of Portugal’s second-largest city on an included tour. This famous centre of port wine production is located on the Douro estuary. Walk from the ship to a local wine cellar where you’ll learn about the production of port and enjoy a tasting.
This afternoon, enjoy a coach tour of Oporto. Your ship remains moored in Vila Nova de Gaia overnight.

Day 8

Oporto, Portugal to UK

Last edited:
Little story for you. I can't swim so any boat trip cruise scared me. However I was missing so much of seeing other countries I deceded to do a river trip on the Nile in Egypt. My thoughts were "well at least we will be near land". so went on our first boat trip and it was amazing.
apart for going ito Cairo one day he next got on the river boat and itgy only takes about 126 people , on the way up to the Aswan dam there was a lot of younger pedople on board as well. and yes i did vget to know most of the girls on there and they even drfssed up this evening
Sue my wife said the head chef how much she liked a particular dish so next sitting he made on especiaal for her. they really appreciate be told something is great.

On the way back another group joined nd what a difference, nevemet so many miserable annoying people think they were some church group. Meal time they started messing about with the food laid out and moving seating arrangements. Well the chef " he was a huge guy" you could see he was pissed off with them. next meal time when the diningroom doorfs opened he blocked them from going in and waved us and another UK couple in. ths lot had to wait for half an hour more before they were alloed in for a meal.
as you can see they were as mierable as sin. even this girl had to be dragged out to dance with the entertainer

Got loads more videos of this river trip

Last edited:
the guy first pulled out had lot his voice after shouting to others on a camal trip, note the constant laughing

as you can see from just these couple of videos the girls made the trip enjoyable

Last edited:
unfortunately no chance of going there. We are on a very tight shedule and all excursions are pre booked by the travel company which are included in the cost. most days include one trip out in the morning and another in the afternoon. here is a list of what were and when for each day. should show if clicking on one of the days taking you into the itinery
we already have had an onboard upgrade to a higher deck free of charge. Also we get a car to and from the airport in the UK and transport from airport to ship and back. This also includes travel and health insurance, a really good deal I think and everyone has to be over 50 years old with this company, so no kids running around.

Day 1

UK to Oporto, Portugal

Day 2

Oporto, Portugal to Régua, Portugal

Day 3

Régua, Portugal to Pinhão, Portugal

Day 4

Pinhão, Portugal to Vega de Térron, Spain

Day 5

Vega de Térron, Spain to Pocinho, Portugal

Day 6

Pocinho, Portugal to Régua, Portugal to Bitetos, Portugal

Day 7

Bitetos, Portugal to Oporto, Portugal

Views across Oporto

Sail back to Oporto this morning.
Discover the history of Portugal’s second-largest city on an included tour. This famous centre of port wine production is located on the Douro estuary. Walk from the ship to a local wine cellar where you’ll learn about the production of port and enjoy a tasting.
This afternoon, enjoy a coach tour of Oporto. Your ship remains moored in Vila Nova de Gaia overnight.

Day 8

Oporto, Portugal to UK

Looks like a great trip & I love the no kids bit!
A few years back I went on a photography trip to Malta & one of the couples bought their kids who weren’t the best behaved I had come across.
I swear to God after five days with these little bastards it was like a form of contraception!

Looks like a great trip & I love the no kids bit!
A few years back I went on a photography trip to Malta & one of the couples bought their kids who weren’t the best behaved I had come across.
I swear to God after five days with these little bastards it was like a form of contraception!
I forgot to say I really hope you have a great trip & look forward to seeing your shots. 👍

Already been to a few countries ( I am in the UK) for example USA at least twice- Tunisia- Egypt- China- Japan - most of the carribean islands- done the med sea a couple of times
Norway twice- fareo isle- Iceland- Spain- brittany- Brazil 2/3 times- Argentina . even Ireland. also been to Russia- Latvia - Sweden -Denmark -Estonia- Finland-South Korea to name but a few.

would I go back to any? yes China was amazing forgetting the countries politics the people are so kind.
If could afford then Australia would be very high if not the top of my bucket list. got internet friends and also relatives in Sydney

The USA and Alcatraz really stands out as a must see, having been there really brings it home how the inmates must have felt
Norway because of ther ffjords
China having walked the wall 3,00ft up
Egypt because the culture is so different and the pyramids of course
Brazil because of seeing the iguazu falls but beware of the population don't go alone
Sicily being on MT Etna just after a lava flow
Japan and how precise everything is and the culture of bowing to everyone'
South Korea and their traditional dances
Barbados and Carribean islands traditions and again dances and food
Russia in petersburg - saint catherine palace- amazing building
Germany and standing beside the Berlin wall which seperated east and west germany no demolished a part from parts left up as a reminder
Tunisia (honeymoon 1972) and watching the locals and their camels," long story"
You can keep France after being to Brittany and watching human waste taken from houses and spread over fields

Last edited:
Back