Hawk chicks growing - updated - added a new photo from today

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Eldon

A couple red shouldered hawks made a nest in my neighbor's tree. Here are three pics from the last three weekends. Three chicks that are growing rapidly, starting to test their wings and gaining adult coloring. Pics are average at best as I have very narrow views into the nest (25 feet up and 40-50 feet away). But I am enjoying the cuteness factor.

Apr 27...

Hawk chick Apr 27.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

May 5...

Hawk chick May 5.jpg

May 11...

Hawk chick May 11.jpg

A couple red shouldered hawks made a nest in my neighbor's tree. Here are three pics from the last three weekends. Three chicks that are growing rapidly, starting to test their wings and gaining adult coloring. Pics are average at best as I have very narrow views into the nest (25 feet up and 40-50 feet away). But I am enjoying the cuteness factor.

Apr 27...

View attachment 88949

May 5...

View attachment 88950

May 11...

View attachment 88951
Very cool👍👍👍

Adding a new shot from today - May 18. One young one is still on the nest, two of them are hopping around the tree limb to limb above the nest. Size and coloring now are very close to adults, the adults are not around very much.

NZ8_3786_3593.jpg

Back