Help Me Make a Fun Add...If you feel like it.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Posting this in a few places so...there ya have it.
We're going on a cross-country camping excursion from GA to Banff and back for the month of June. I don't need anything specific, but I can add something and I have no interest in migrating to an ML system. I shoot with a D500, D750, & D850. I'm nature shooter...no people. I'm pretty set, but I am considering an add.
1-300 2.8 VR or VRII...I've had four (various models) and always end up missing it. I actually just got one but may have to return it (ghosty at 2.8) and if so...another?
2-Sigma Sport 120-300. The newest iteration of this lens seems to compete well with the primes @2.8 and w/tc's and offers zoom, which is cool for larger mammals. I cannot find anyone who thinks the older versions were much better than pretty good. If you have a different experience...tell me about that.
3-200-400 f4VR Same as above (although I'm thinking that it will be redundant with the 200-500VR that I have). Never tried it...that would be fun.
4-D5...just would enjoy trying one. Not sure if it would give me anything I don't already have other than higher ISO latitude and a bit faster FPS. I don't want for BIF keepers so...that's not really a thing for me but it wouldn't hurt that's for sure.
I'm not thinking about anything not in the longer tele range...have macro and wide stuff handled and a 500PF as my most used lens for birds and general wildlife.
It's just a fun add for the trip...and I'd enjoy reading your take on it iffin' yer of the mind. If you think there's something else I'm not considering...fire away.

Back