Help with the Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm unclear on exactly what you are saying, are you saying that the "save settings" is needed to save bank settings once you set them? I don't recall reading that but my memory is faulty at times. What I got from Patrick's message is that the "save settings" saves the individual bank settings, but then sometimes I read too quickly! According to Nikon the "save settings" is only to put them on a card...
'Save settings' saves most of the camera's settings (including Shooting Menu Banks and Custom Settings Banks) to a CFe or SD card.

My practice is: Enter the settings I prefer in each tab in the Menu (Photo Shooting thru My Menu). I keep track of these settings in an Excel spreadsheet (an expansion of the one Steve provides). Over time, I change these settings somewhat as I evolve in my use of the camera. Regardless, once the settings are entered in-camera, I save them to a card using 'Save settings.' At the end of a day of shooting it's likely that I changed some settings due to weather, lighting, etc. In order to ensure that the settings are reset to my defaults for the next day's shooting, I load my saved settings from the card. When I pick up the camera next, I know how it's set up and I go from there. Not everyone does things this way, but it works for me. :)

Back