Hidden Lagoon

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

K9Kirk

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Some reddish egrets with some blurred roseate spoonbills in the bg. I felt a little artsy and played with the tint a bit and got it where I wanted it. I'm sure it won't please everyone, but I like it. I think it livened up the pic.

189-studio2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Always good to experiment! Tint is a bit over done for me. More importantly, I find the composition awkward. The reddish egrets are right of center looking to the right. The other half of the image is empty. I'd also suggest cropping down from the top to remove the distracting vegetation and probably the bottom to remove the bank in the lower right.

Last edited:
I like your other Egret better 😂
Sorry the pink stuff is too distracting for me - I would however have liked to see them better - in their own photo. Because I have never seen pink spoonbills before.
Always good to experiment! Tint is a bit over done for me. More importantly, I find the composition awkward. The reddish egrets are right of center looking to the right. The other half of the image is empty. I'd also suggest cropping down from the top to remove the distracting vegetation and probably the bottom to remove the distracting lower right.
Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated. I should say that I used to look at a lot of fantasy art, and I used to mess around with an airbrush so I tend to lean toward that style, it's what I like. Look at work from Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell and you'll see what I'm referring to. I'll keep your tips in mind for future shooting/editing. Elsa, I have some close ups of individual roseate spoonbills, I'll put one up soon so keep an eye out for it. Karen, the picture is pretty much an environmental shot, I wanted all those things include, but yes, the birds were in a wonky position. Not my best enviro shot. ;)

Last edited:
Back