How to get Display options after assigning DISP button to something else?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I assigned the DISP button to Recall shooting functions (hold) and now I can't figure out how to get the different displays that I have defined in d19 Custom monitor shooting display. I've searched various button assignments in f2 Custom controls (shooting) and I don't see an option to assign 'DISP Cycle live view info display' to any button except the DISP button. Am I missing it? Once DISP button is reassigned, what options exist to select the different displays?

Go to the Nikon website and download the Nikon Custom Controls for the Z8, assuming that is the camera you are talking about. The 4-page document will give you the complete list of what you can set for all buttons. Here is the link to the manuals page: https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/616/Z_8.html.
Thank you! Yes it is a Z8 camera. I was not aware of that list. It's very helpful.
You can always use the tiny button on the left side of the flash mount to cycle through the viewing options.
Thank you. I had not discovered that tiny button yet.
Bkt, WB, Fn1-3, video record etc all can be assigned to “Cycle live view display” normally assigned to display button by default.
Here is link for Z8 firmware 2.0 assignable buttons
Well now I see DISP as one of the options for those keys 🫤. I couldn't see it until your comment made me believe it. Thanks also for the command list (even though @Viathelens sent a link a mere 8 min before you did. That shows great minds think alike.)

Back