Hoya HD3 UV vs B+W 007M XS-Pro Clear

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jbk2forum

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have both Hoya HD3 UV and B+W XS-Pro 007M MRC Nano Clear 77mm filters.
I have always used the B+W filters to 'permanently' sit on my lens.
And have not used the Hoya Filters--for no special reason other than I had the B+Ws first.
I'm expecting to receive my Z24-120 S this week and will use one of these filters.
(These 77mm filters were kept after I sold my 28-300)
Does anyone have recommendations for one or the other? Not using any one of these is a non-starter.
Thanks for your help.

I also have always used the B+W filters. I had a Hoya (can't remember which one) on my 105mm Nikon Macro Lens. I didn't notice any degradation in image quality or color cast from the Hoya. Best as I could tell, it was on par with the B+W.

Let us know what are your results. Be interested to hear.

Jeff

I have both Hoya HD3 UV and B+W XS-Pro 007M MRC Nano Clear 77mm filters.
I have always used the B+W filters to 'permanently' sit on my lens.
And have not used the Hoya Filters--for no special reason other than I had the B+Ws first.
I'm expecting to receive my Z24-120 S this week and will use one of these filters.
(These 77mm filters were kept after I sold my 28-300)
Does anyone have recommendations for one or the other? Not using any one of these is a non-starter.
Thanks for your help.

Having good luck with both. No flares, CA, vignetting, etc. Also on the 24-120.

Looks like one claims 99.7 and the other 99.8, so either way you are only losing 1/3 of a percent light transmission.

Back