Huge Nikon USA Rebates May 2024

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

They have some great trade-in values, I'm trading in my D500 for $575 for the 24-120. The bummer is that it's on backorder
I had a bunch of B&H gift cards that I was saving for the 180-600, but just bit the bullet and used them on the 24-120. B&H has it in stock, should be here in a few days. I wanted it for a trip to Italy in June so I just bought it. B&H will refund the difference if it miraculously gets discounted in the next 30 days.

Only thing I am considering at the moment might be either the 28 or 26 pancake, just to have a small and light general purpose prime. Problem I am having is finding a compelling reason to get one vs the other.

I have always intended to acquire a second body. And, I expected it to be the Z6iii. With $500 off on the Z8, I am seriously considering getting one. When the Z6iii does come out, I could trade in my Z6ii and upgrade to the Z6iii.

There is no place within 200 miles that I can physically get my hands on a Z8. The weight difference doesn’t seem like a problem. For those that have a Z6/7, does the Z8 feel much larger?

Thanks

I have always intended to acquire a second body. And, I expected it to be the Z6iii. With $500 off on the Z8, I am seriously considering getting one. When the Z6iii does come out, I could trade in my Z6ii and upgrade to the Z6iii.

There is no place within 200 miles that I can physically get my hands on a Z8. The weight difference doesn’t seem like a problem. For those that have a Z6/7, does the Z8 feel much larger?

Thanks
Defiantly similar to or much the same as the D850.

However we don't know exactly what the Z6III will be like in size or weight and features, it should have greater performance and ZF features as well.

The Z8 is currently a better camera than a Z6II or ZF or Z7II.

Compared to the Z8 Z9 the ZF has a new design IBIS with 3 extra stops on the sensor, it also has 2 stops extra of low light focusing, these features i presume will be included in forth coming new camera models, also that type of change indicates a suitable fit for higher resolution sensors, better focusing and or to compliment video.

It all depends on what you shoot and do, i have the Z8 now after selling my Z9, i am waiting for the Z7III as i hope it will have the improved focusing system faster frame rates and most importantly higher resolution.

Z6II Approx. 134 x 100.5 x 69.5 mm/5.3 x 4.0 x 2.8 in.

Weight Approx. 705 g/1 lb 8.9 oz with battery and memory card

Z8 with Battery 910 g (2.01 lb / 32.10 oz)

Dimensions 144 x 119 x 83 mm (5.67 x 4.69 x 3.27″)

Only an opinion

Thanks
The Z8 is noticeably larger when you set them side by side and look at them. When holding them, you can tell the Z8 is a little larger but for me, it fits in my hand better which is also important. It doesn’t feel large and it’s still easy to pack, unlike the Z9 which is too big to fit in my smaller camera bags. Physically, it is very similar in size to a D500/D750 camera body, smaller than the D850 was.

$800 off D850 and now reports it is becoming unavailable in some places. If you want the ultimate DSLR, now is the time.

Back