Humming birds

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Constructive criticism please.

Maderia Canyon AZ 210707 - 0063-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Maderia Canyon AZ 210707 - 0026-Edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Thank you for your comments.

Those are superb! I really like them... I am sure some will want to talk about too low or too close to the right. I really like them. Let's face it Hummers are fast and getting them exactly where in the Frame they belong it not always easy. (y)

1. I think the light is too harsh for me, and the crop isn’t ideal-I would move the bird up in the frame(more room on bottom of bird), and have less room above the bird. I would also crop it in more. Sharpness and pose is great!

2. Again, light is too harsh. I’m greatly distracted by the dark area on the bottom right of the frame.

Constructive criticism please.

View attachment 59455

View attachment 59454

Thank you for your comments.
Lovely images what wonderful birds.
The first image i would consider cropping some of the top, the bird is the key point of interest, its good to have negative space to the right as a sense of direction normally, i would however trim say 1 to 2 inches off that right side.
As always, flip your images and see if their is a noticeable difference with viewing impact.
Rules are meant to be broken in photography, that said it can help having a position on the rule of thirds, boring for some, not for others.

The second image, lovely photo like the shadowy foundation, and back ground in BOTH images by the way, but i would try taking a little off the bottom and side, also flip the image, we read left to right in the western world, our brains are therefore attuned to relate to things moving left to right.
The rules in Photography means, there are no rules LOL.

Please your self always 1st 2nd 3rd.

Only an opinion

Back